Sunday, December 6, 2009

Phone's working

Last week, I wrote about my mobile phone had gone "blank".

As plan, I had got it repaired and now it is working as usual again already. With nice clear voice and ring tones and even the vibration function had came back to life.

However, I might take this phone as my back-up phone, really interested in getting the a new phone. Have been doing some market survey on it and also try to read up the pros and cons about one particular model that I am eyeing on.

Nowadays, mobile phones have become part of our daily items that we must bring along whenever we leave the doors. Whatever doors, be it office doors, house door or even bedroom door etc. It had become so important that when the phone went 'blank' last Friday (4th Dec), I was so tempted to go back home to replace it with my backup phone. Its like a part of you is not working for the day.

Having said that, the Friday went really nice and quiet. As on normal Fridays, I will meet my lovely gf for dinner, it is one of a few times that our whole dinner was not interrupted by phone calls. Normally, when my phone is working, even on Saturdays, my phone will ring with my team calling me to request for some guidance, approvals, reports the current status etc.

Anyway, finally, on Saturday afternoon, I had send the phone for the replacement part and there you have it, the phone is now up and running again. While the phone was in the repair shop, we manage to catch a 2.5 hours movie.

Unlike the original manufacturer which told me they needed a week to diagnose and repair the phone, the shop did it in 3 hours or so. For this experience, I am very disappointed with the quality of service the manufacturer is given me. Perhaps they are just being very very careful as not to over-promised and under-deliver. They have stretch the time-line to an unacceptable timing and now it had cost them their reputation. Honestly, now if you ask me, I will not recommend this brand of product to anyone else. Their product might be good. However, when trouble strikes, their after sales service is really bad.

No comments: