Last Sunday (13th Dec 2009), I went to Perth, Australia for a business trip.
I left LCCT, yes, you read correctly, its LCCT via Malaysia Budget Air Line (you know which one I meant) at 2230 flight heading for Perth. The flight is not a pleasant journey at all. The seat is smaller than the normal seat. The seat is not able to incline at all, not even a single degree.
The flight is 5 hours and 45 minutes and I landed in Perth a very tired man at 0530. Good thing is that one of my colleague was there at the airport to pick me up. He was nice and took me for breakfast.
As early at 0700 we were there in the Perth office already to my surprise, almost the whole office had been filled up even though they only start work officially at 0830. On the first day, I worked the whole day until about 5pm, before me and the colleague call it a day and he drove and showed me a bit of Perth City Center and have our dinner.
It was a long day that day, the dinner ended at nearly 8pm and I went to check into to my hotel, well, it is not the typical hotel room, the office booked for me a 2 bedroom serviced apartment. The place was nice, right in front of a marina bay where lots of rich man yatch are parked there.
I took my long required shower and retired early that night to catch up on my sleep which I did not get in the flight all night long.
On the second day, the day starts at 0700 with me walking down to Dome about 4oo meters away from my apartment for breakfast. I had bacon and toast and a latte. My colleague were suppose to pick me up at 0800 but he only arrived at 0830. While waiting for him, I took a long walk around the area. By the way, the area is called as Fremantle. Our drive from Fremantle to the office which is located in Kwinana is approx 30 minutes away.
The second day was not too demanding in the office. We left work at about 4pm and I manage to go around Fremantle city center for a walk and some window shopping. As for dinner, there was a beer brewery there known as Little Creature brewery. After my walk around the city center, at about 6pm (almost all the shops are closed by 1730), I went to the brewery shop to catch a glass of fresh beer. Then, after finishing one glass there, I proceed to their restaurant, which was located next door for some food. I ended up choosing chips and another different beer to go with it. It had been quite a while since I last had chips which is fat and juicy. Those chips you find here are thin and dry. The chips went very well with the garlic mayonnaise and ketchup and of course the fresh beer from the brewery.
I left LCCT, yes, you read correctly, its LCCT via Malaysia Budget Air Line (you know which one I meant) at 2230 flight heading for Perth. The flight is not a pleasant journey at all. The seat is smaller than the normal seat. The seat is not able to incline at all, not even a single degree.
The flight is 5 hours and 45 minutes and I landed in Perth a very tired man at 0530. Good thing is that one of my colleague was there at the airport to pick me up. He was nice and took me for breakfast.
As early at 0700 we were there in the Perth office already to my surprise, almost the whole office had been filled up even though they only start work officially at 0830. On the first day, I worked the whole day until about 5pm, before me and the colleague call it a day and he drove and showed me a bit of Perth City Center and have our dinner.
It was a long day that day, the dinner ended at nearly 8pm and I went to check into to my hotel, well, it is not the typical hotel room, the office booked for me a 2 bedroom serviced apartment. The place was nice, right in front of a marina bay where lots of rich man yatch are parked there.
I took my long required shower and retired early that night to catch up on my sleep which I did not get in the flight all night long.
On the second day, the day starts at 0700 with me walking down to Dome about 4oo meters away from my apartment for breakfast. I had bacon and toast and a latte. My colleague were suppose to pick me up at 0800 but he only arrived at 0830. While waiting for him, I took a long walk around the area. By the way, the area is called as Fremantle. Our drive from Fremantle to the office which is located in Kwinana is approx 30 minutes away.
The second day was not too demanding in the office. We left work at about 4pm and I manage to go around Fremantle city center for a walk and some window shopping. As for dinner, there was a beer brewery there known as Little Creature brewery. After my walk around the city center, at about 6pm (almost all the shops are closed by 1730), I went to the brewery shop to catch a glass of fresh beer. Then, after finishing one glass there, I proceed to their restaurant, which was located next door for some food. I ended up choosing chips and another different beer to go with it. It had been quite a while since I last had chips which is fat and juicy. Those chips you find here are thin and dry. The chips went very well with the garlic mayonnaise and ketchup and of course the fresh beer from the brewery.
I sat at the open area, nicely enjoying the beer and chips and about 8pm, I made my way back to the apartment for my shower and hit the bed at about 10pm because on the next day, I need to catch a taxi from my apartment to the customer's place at 0715am. The customer place is known as Canning Vale which is again, about 30 minutes drive away. My colleague is staying near Canning Vale, hence, it is very near for him to drive straight from his house to the customer's place.
On the third day, I took a taxi at 0715 to the customer's place as scheduled. The taxi there is really expensive. The ride cost me AUD49. After the meeting with the customer at 0800, we went back to the office and on the way back, we had pack some sandwich for lunch. Even the sandwich there is not cheap. I bought myself a chicken, mayo, lettuce & cheese sandwich, it cost me AUD5.80 and a bottle of orange juice which is another AUD3.50. Just for lunch, I spend AUD9.30. In the afternoon, I had another meeting with a supplier in the office and the meeting was really fruitful.
The third day ended at 5pm for me but at 4pm, most (80%) of the people from the office had left the office and luckily the receptionist is still there and she was helpful to book a taxi for me to get to my hotel.
In the evening, because our Asia Pacific General Manager had came to visit Perth office as well, they had organized a dinner at the brewery which I visited yesterday. So my colleague insisted that I join them for the dinner and I get to meet with one of the highest position person in the company and have dinner with him. It was an enjoyable evening.
The dinner ended at about 9pm and I headed back to my apartment to rest for the night as the next morning, I need to leave at 0400 for the airport to catch the flight at 0630. I woke up at 0300 to pack and get myself ready for the taxi at 0400. Accommodation in Perth is not cheap as well. The apartment cost AUD252 per night.
When I reach the airport, the queue for the flight was already building and I waited about 45 minutes before I manage to check in. I quickly made my way to the immigration and cleared the custom and boarded the plane as schedule. Again, it was not an enjoyable flight but the feelings to be home in a few hours kept the spirit up. In the flight, after so many days without rice, I had "Nasi Lemak" from the pre-booked meal.
Good thing is when I reach home, the very next day (Friday - 18th Dec 2009) is a public holiday and I can take a break.
Overall, the trip in terms of work it is very fruitful. I manage to get done what I needed to do and now got a very much better understanding on many aspect of working culture there in Australia. Perth itself is a beautiful place to visit which I think there will be more trips coming along in future.
In Perth itself, my boss and myself had planned for the up-coming trip to Sydney which is schedule to be on the 18th of Jan 2010. This time it is no longer via budget airline thankfully.
On the third day, I took a taxi at 0715 to the customer's place as scheduled. The taxi there is really expensive. The ride cost me AUD49. After the meeting with the customer at 0800, we went back to the office and on the way back, we had pack some sandwich for lunch. Even the sandwich there is not cheap. I bought myself a chicken, mayo, lettuce & cheese sandwich, it cost me AUD5.80 and a bottle of orange juice which is another AUD3.50. Just for lunch, I spend AUD9.30. In the afternoon, I had another meeting with a supplier in the office and the meeting was really fruitful.
The third day ended at 5pm for me but at 4pm, most (80%) of the people from the office had left the office and luckily the receptionist is still there and she was helpful to book a taxi for me to get to my hotel.
In the evening, because our Asia Pacific General Manager had came to visit Perth office as well, they had organized a dinner at the brewery which I visited yesterday. So my colleague insisted that I join them for the dinner and I get to meet with one of the highest position person in the company and have dinner with him. It was an enjoyable evening.
The dinner ended at about 9pm and I headed back to my apartment to rest for the night as the next morning, I need to leave at 0400 for the airport to catch the flight at 0630. I woke up at 0300 to pack and get myself ready for the taxi at 0400. Accommodation in Perth is not cheap as well. The apartment cost AUD252 per night.
When I reach the airport, the queue for the flight was already building and I waited about 45 minutes before I manage to check in. I quickly made my way to the immigration and cleared the custom and boarded the plane as schedule. Again, it was not an enjoyable flight but the feelings to be home in a few hours kept the spirit up. In the flight, after so many days without rice, I had "Nasi Lemak" from the pre-booked meal.
Good thing is when I reach home, the very next day (Friday - 18th Dec 2009) is a public holiday and I can take a break.
Overall, the trip in terms of work it is very fruitful. I manage to get done what I needed to do and now got a very much better understanding on many aspect of working culture there in Australia. Perth itself is a beautiful place to visit which I think there will be more trips coming along in future.
In Perth itself, my boss and myself had planned for the up-coming trip to Sydney which is schedule to be on the 18th of Jan 2010. This time it is no longer via budget airline thankfully.
No comments:
Post a Comment