Last week, I realise there was something wrong with my phone. At times, I cannot hear the other person on the other line.
Then I immediately took it to the phone's original distribution center to see if I can get it fixed. However, to my surprise, they, being the service centers for the phone do not keep the parts.
My encounter my the lady at the customer service was initially quite pleasant. She was polite and treated me professionally. She politely told me that she will check and get back to me if I can get it fixed on the first day of the week (Monday) itself. So I agreed to wait for her to call and get back to me.
Then, as promised she called me the very same day at approx 1pm, she told me that as per their working procedure, I have to send the phone in on Monday, then they will take another 3 working days to diagnose the phone and another 3 days to have it fixed. What is this????
It takes the original manufacturer 3 days to diagnose the problem with the phone? Come on what procedure is this? The phone's speaker is not able to function, how come they don't just fix and replace the ribbon? Then another 3 days to fix? You think this is a supercomputer or some high tech gadget is it? This is just a simple mobile phone.
I was so frustrated with the reply, I was so rude to the lady. I pity her for calling and being on the front line. Actually when I step back and think, it is not her fault the company set such a rule / procedure. She was just following the protocol of the company.
At that time, I happen to be going to a shopping mall with my gf and straight away I look for a hand phone repair shop, which I remember seeing it previously. Without a second thought, I went straight to the shop and request the shop to have it diagnose and repair if possible.
The guy just took the phone into the back of the shop for a while and a few minutes later, he came back out and told me the ribbon was faulty and it will take about an hour to fix. Simple right? Why the original manufacturer need 3 days to fix?
Without much hesitation, I immediately agree for the fix and due to the unavailability of the part, it is not possible to have it fix that day. The person told me the part will take 3 days to order. They had also requested my to pay a deposit of RM50 which I did.
Then on Wednesday, I contacted them again and they told me the part yet to arrive but scheduled to be there by Friday (today). When I call to check earlier today, indeed, the part had arrived, but alas, the technician is on leave today and will be back to work tomorrow only.
So, I will get it fix tomorrow. The phone is dying over days this week. It started with the speaker not functioning. Then, on Wednesday, the vibration alert function also stop functioning. Worse it today, even the screen is able to display anything.
Anyhow, the phone had served me well. It had travelled with me to so many places around the world and I always use it to keep track of Malaysian time. Whenever I arrive a different country with different time zone, I will adjust my wrist watch to match the local time, but I will not allow my phone to automatically update to the local time. It will be kept in Malaysian timing no matter where I go. It have received countless of calls and sends hundreds of SMS / MMS. It had also make thousands of calls for me and connecting me all around the world.
So to my phone, don't worry, help / repair is scheduled tomorrow. Be patience and take your rest for the day. Tomorrow you will be good as new again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment