Friday, December 25, 2009

New Year Celebration

This year, I was off from work from the 24th of Dec 2009 onwards until today (4th Jan 2010).

Unlike all previous years, normally New Year's countdown was done at home, this year, I choose to do it differently. I arranged with one of my best friend (Sur) to have a year end dinner together.

He had suggested that we have the dinner at KLCC (an iconic location in Malaysia) as he had also plan to countdown to 2010 there with his wife after the dinner and also at the same time, the place is easily accessible with the monorail system.

Then, as we agreed the venue, he proceed to make reservations as we know, it might be packed for year end. Initially he booked a Japanese restaurant. However, after discussion, we change it for some American grills instead. However, for the grill, they do not take phone reservations, so we have to be there early to book for the place.

This time, I brought along my mom to join us for the dinner. My mom have some inconvenience in walking, hence, most of the time, she will prefer to stay at home. However, I told her that we have reserved the place for 5 person - Mr & Mrs Sur, me + my gf + my mom, so she agrees to go.

The traffic was smooth, not major traffic jams anywhere. We arrived there at approx 7.15pm and I found myself a nice parking spot too. We had really great time during the dinner and it was great to have the company of Mr & Mrs Sur together with us.

We were sitted at about 7.40pm, ordered our food and drinks and chatted all the way until the ladies ordered some desserts and me & Sur happily enjoying our beers.

We left the place at about 11pm and all the shops in the mall have been close. However, there was a large crowd outside the building near the KLCC park waiting for the countdown to 2010 and the fireworks display.

I send my gf home after the dinner and then drove back home with my mom. On the way, we did stop by my uncle's steamboat shop to pass some things to the shop only to know that my aunt was admitted to the hospital for abdominal pain.

Anyway, I know my mom was really happy and enjoyed the dinner as she was happily telling everyone of my relative that she went to KLCC for the very 1st time after hearing about it for so long.

Well, there is a Chinese saying - "... been through it one time, growing once.." of something of that notion. I know that after the passing of my dad, I have learn to care greater for those around me. I tend to appreciate those friends and families / relatives around me better.

To all of you out there, cherish the people around you and spend some quality time with them whenever possible.

Hope it is not too late to wish all of you HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010!!! Have a wonderful year ahead!!!!

No comments: