Well, yesterday my office had organised a dinner party to celebrate for 4 retirees. 3 of them are guys that retires at the age of 55 and another is a lady which choose to retire at the age of 50.
This is the first time in our company record that there is actually people served for approx 30 years and reaching retirement age. As usual, the retirees were requested to give a short speech and one of speech that hit me the most is when of them says ".... when I first join this company 30 years back, I was young like everyone of you there, and thinking retirement is still a long way to go. Who knows, here I am today, retiring from the company already. So fast, 30 years of working life just went by me."
It made me think myself, even me myself I have been working for 10 years already since graduating in 1999, leaving me with approx 25 years more before retirement. Anyway, for this 10 years, I can see myself change a lot. I had learn a lot of things, be it technical or not, useful or not and I am sure this will not come to an end so fast.
The road before I reach my retirement is still long long way and I will make full use of it to learn and improve myself.
Friday, July 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment