I submitted for an insurance claim for my car back in September 2008 when my car was accidentally "kissed" at the rear end by another car. The repair cost me about 4,000 that I had paid in-advance to have the car repaired.
I have immediately submitted an insurance 3rd party claim the moment the police report and other official documents were made ready by the respective parties. I can say, all of it was done within a month to compile all the necessary documents and submitted.
However, until today I yet to receive any news from the insurance company on my claim, hence, I gave them a call instead. To my surprise, they were waiting for just another 2 more pieces of paper, one from my side and another from the different insurance company before they can process the claim.
At that point of hearing this from the lady who was in-charge of my case, I was still calm and cool. I requested her kind assistance to send me the letter they claim that they had send to me, but to my shocked, the letter was dated in March 2009!!!! What is this insurance agents doing?
They send out the letter back in March 2009 and after more then 3 months, no one is replying to and they don't bother to follow up??? I really got heated up and immediately ask her the basic questions, don't you company have a policy to follow up if the customer received the letter from your side or not? Don't you all bother to call after 30 days if the letter was not responded to? You all just sit and wait for the moon to fall is it?
Well, having 'blasted' enough already, she just kept quite and didn't speak a word. So I immediately re-collected all the documents again, called and spoke to the other insurance company for the requested letter and ask the lady to follow up. I even gave the lady who should she be talking to and the person's extension in the office.
It seems like insurance claim agents have the best job in the world. Happily sending out letters to anyone and need no follow up. If it will come in, it will come in, else, sit on it. That's the policy of insurance company.
So, to all of you out there, if you are waiting for an insurance claim, please pick up the phone and start calling if you want your money. Don't be surprise to hear that they have send out some letters to you requesting for few papers some "donkey years" back waiting for your feedback / response.
No comments:
Post a Comment