Well, I think this will be the last post that I will write from my HP Compaq NC6230. From tomorrow onwards, I will be changing it.
Well, it is not I am upgrading or anything around that corner, it is out company policy to change our notebook / laptop every 3 years. The reason because all computers are given a 3 years warranty, hence, all of us use laptops which is under warranty by the manufacturer. When the warranty voids, the company do not want to risk keeping a non-warranty unit (in-case it breaks down), therefore, all of us get a change every 3 years.
Another reason is also to keep updated with the technology as memories is getting cheaper and bigger, processor is getting faster and more efficient by the days, therefore, the employee must also be kept not too outdated lor.
This is how my HP looks like after 3 years. Still looks new right? That is because I always take good care of all my things. hahaha.. to be honest, I am really careful with my office computer.
This is simply because, it is my working partner. I keep all my work documents, records, mails, anything and everything possible in it. I can't risk to lose it at any given time. Therefore, I took particular care when come to dealing with it.
Talking about taking care of notebook PC, this unit did not go thru what the previous unit went thru. The previous unit I have was a very rugged. Once during a meeting, I had accidentally spill hot (I mean really hot as you can see steam coming out from the cup) coffee with creamer and sugar onto it and after the spill, I can still see steam coming out from the keyboard and the unit was still running, given me enough time to save all my work and shut it down before removing the battery and wiping it dry.
Amazingly, after wiping it with dry cloth and keeping it under direct air-cond vent for about 2 hours, I install back the battery and try to start, it work back again like nothing had happened. I was so happy with it. Even one of my colleague was amazed by the outcome. He practically sits next to me seeing me pour the whole cup of hot coffee onto the notebook and 2 hours later after shutting down, the notebook was working as though nothing had happen. Now that's what I call a rugged notebook. However, lets not mentioned any models or brands here ok. This is not an advertising blog, sorry....
Amazingly, after wiping it with dry cloth and keeping it under direct air-cond vent for about 2 hours, I install back the battery and try to start, it work back again like nothing had happened. I was so happy with it. Even one of my colleague was amazed by the outcome. He practically sits next to me seeing me pour the whole cup of hot coffee onto the notebook and 2 hours later after shutting down, the notebook was working as though nothing had happen. Now that's what I call a rugged notebook. However, lets not mentioned any models or brands here ok. This is not an advertising blog, sorry....
Anyway, today will be the last day I am using this unit. This is my 3rd unit of notebook I have changed for the past 5 years. How? Well, when I join back in 2004, I was given an used notebook. Then, about 4 months later, the keyboard malfunctioned, then the IT department gave me a new replacement (lets not mention brand here ok). I have used it until 2006 and then in 2006, they change it to this current unit. Now its 2009, they are changing it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment