This incident took place today. I was busy working in the office since morning without realizing that it was already lunch time already.
My colleague (Mr. A) walked into my room to ask if I am joining them for lunch and when I asked where are they going, he told me some place that I knew will take at least one and a half hour to complete the lunch. So I rejected him, telling him that I am really busy today, so I just want to have a quick bite somewhere nearby and he is kinda disappointed to hear that and walked away from my room heading downstairs for his car. Therefore, I presume that he would have went with my other colleague (Mr.B).
However, Mr. B came into my room a few seconds later asking me to join them for lunch, again, I told him I am kinda tied down for the day so I think I will just drop-by the stalls nearby the office for a quick bite. However, Mr. B insisted that we go together and he says it will be a quick lunch. So I took his words, all 3 of us went together.
Even until reaching the car, I told Mr. A that I have lots of paper work to do, hence, I want to just grab a quick bite, he still insist that we drove all the way to where he suggested initially. Well, what can I do? I am already in his car. So just have to follow.
The lunch took approx one and a half hours, we left the office at 12.30pm and arrived back to the office at 2pm. Wasted so much time waiting for our food at the restaurant. When I got back, I kept very quiet as I knew if I were to show my displeasure, Mr. A will sure get upset.
At times, I just can't understand. To me lunch can be just a simple drive, and by simple here I mean just perhaps a 5 - 10 minutes drive to the nearest decent, clean food stall / shop, take your pick from the ready cooked food, eat and drive back. All in, it will take less than 30 min. By the time I reach the office, I still have time to write this blog or surf some net / relax.
However, there are people who like to take long lunches. They will just like to drive somewhere far and sit and wait for the food. Sometimes, people even willing to spend time standing and wait for a place to sit. Therefore, for me, it is simple. On working days, I will not wait for a seat. If the food is good and there is no place to sit, I will just pack and take back to eat in the office. You might also realise when you pack, the serving also tends to be bigger, hence better value for money.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment