Yesterday morning when I woke up I felt really bad. My throat was tight and was having running nose. Perhaps is inadequate rest from the previous days.
The whole scenario started on Friday evening when I join my friends for dinner at a local noodle stall after dropping my mom to a 'pre-wedding' buffet dinner. It was my sister-in-law's brother's wedding on Saturday (30th Jan 2010).
As usual, we sit and chit-chat until about 1am before calling it a day. Then, on Saturday morning I was already awake at 0800 to send my mom to attend the wedding ceremony at my brother's house.
The dinner was at suppose to start on 1900 hours but, as usual for all Chinese wedding dinner, the people have very bad habit of arriving after 1930. Worse, is at 2030 only the dinner starts. This is a very bad habit of the wedding dinner goers. It had just been a norm that when you attend wedding dinners, the dinner will not be served until about 2030 or so. I have personally attended one where the wedding only starts at 2100. Anyway, this can be a posting topic by itself.
The dinner only started at 2030, by the time, I had already had 2 glasses of red wines. The whole dinner only ended at close to 2300. By that time, I think I would have finished up a whole bottle of red wine. After the dinner, I send my lovely gf home and and as I am on my way home, there was a terrible traffic jam. 2 cars 'kissed and hug' each other and causing a half and hour delay in my journey back home. I only reach home at nearly 1am and I headed straight to bed only to woke up at about 10 am on Sunday morning and went for some local shopping for packet drinks at the hypermarket.
Then, I realise that my tight throat might be due to 'heat', so I went and bought myself 2 fresh green coconuts from the local stall and finish it yesterday itself. It really helped. Now although I am not 100% recovered, from my voice, you will know that I have some flu / sore throat kind of voice. I can't produce high pitch voice like I am able to previously, but I felt much better when I woke up this morning. I think tonight when I am driving home, I will again drop in the stall to pick up another fresh coconut to reduce the 'heat' that is still in the body.
I know in Chinese traditional medicine, there is such thing as heaty body which you must eat something cool to chill it down. That is why Chinese have such array of herbal teas and medicine that is meant to cool down the body. Besides that there is also Cold Cool and Wet Cool and they again call for other types of herbs. Even vegetables have been classified into this array of heat properties. Some vegetable are known to be cooling and give cold cool and vice verse.
However, when you ask a Western medical physicians, they will not tell you its heaty. For tight throat, they will prescribe you with anti-biotic and hopefully, it will clear the sore throat. Only when the physician that you consult uses his fingers instead of their ears to "listen" to your heart beat, they will tell you its heaty. Then, he will give you a concoction of dark, concentrated bottle of medication which by smelling itself it would be good to cure you and expecting you to finish the bottle within 3 days or so. I am just fearful of those thing.
But for me, when I am heaty, I will just drink tonnes of water, a few cans of isotonic drinks and lately I had added fresh coconut water into the list and it works. It is not a miracle medicine / solution, but it does help is cooling down my heaty body.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment