Today (28th Jan 2010) is the last day for my of my colleague - Red. Red joined about a month before I join this company and I have been working very closely with him all these years.
Both of us are in a supporting role in this company supports all the sales team throughout Malaysia. Therefore, we had travelled to lots of places together all over Malaysia. He is the one who taught me about waste water treatment and jar test etc.
Same date last month, when I was on leave for Christmas / New Year, he send me a SMS informing me that he had tender in his resignation and it will be effective today. Red will be joining a ex-colleague of his (from his previous company) to start up a new company.
Therefore, I had initiated an e-mail to the fellow colleagues in our office to see if anyone will be interested to join in for the farewell dinner. Unfortunately, the response was cold. No one wants to join.
This is something I have expected in a way. Previously, I was thinking perhaps those have left did not work across departments / teams, hence, the response for these events is cold. However, me and Red works across the departments, unfortunately, the outcome is the same.
I can say even our site operators are more humane and more appreciative then those sitting in this office. In Penang, where we have most of the operators, they have collected some money to buy him a dinner twice due to the fact that some of our operators works on shifts, hence, the dinner have to be split into 2 separate days.
I think very likely the dinner will have to be postpone or cancel all together. I am very disappointed with the attitude of the people in this office. When it comes to work they are good in their trades, but when it comes to things like that, they are all cold as ice.
Anyway, Red, I sincerely Wish You All The Very Best in your Future Undertakings, keep in-touch and Thank You for all the guidance, support and great experiences we had together!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment