Last Saturday was really wonderful. My gf and me both went for a comedy ballet performance at KLPAC entitled "Men In Tutus". It was a show recommended by my gf and one thing I can say, it was really worth watching and I really enjoyed myself.
The Saturday (16th Jan 2010) was like normal Saturday, I went a bit late to see my gf as there was an appointment with a lawyer about some house MOT issues which I need to clarify. So, I only arrived to see my gf at about 3pm.
We went to a place for tea in which I had a glass of "Healthy Detox" drinks in which, celery, apple, ginger and cucumber are blended into juice. It was a bit heavy on the ginger side as the drink tasted a little strong on the ginger side. My gf had herself a glass of banana and yogurt blended drink.
After the drinks and some chit chats, we drove our self to Jln Ipoh to try find the KLPAC. After locating, it, we decided to have our dinner before going for the performance. Previously, I have heard from a some of my friends that Jln Ipoh (or Ipoh Road in English) is good for Chinese "Dim Sum". However, I have never been there myself.
As we drove around, we decided to stop for some stir fried stuffs (vegetables + rice), but out of coincident, we walked to a shop that sells "Dim Sum" instead. Initially, I didn't know if my gf would like to have that for dinner or not. To my surprise, she also loves it but did not mentioned it to me before, or perhaps she did and I could not remember as we rarely have "dim sum".
We had our share of chicken with glutinous rice (lor mai kai in Chinese), some meat balls, some "pau". The price was really reasonable as well. For all we stuffed ourselves, the bill came to less than RM30. I think we had about 9 types of different meat stuffed configurations e.g. meat stuffed in egg plant bitter gourd, stuffed meat with eggs etc etc and one big "pau", one B-B-Q pork "pau" and not forgetting 2 "lor mai kai". I would say a good value for money.
Normally, "dim sums" are taken for breakfast or brunch. It is very rare to see people having it for dinner. However, this shop or perhaps street had a couple of shops selling it for dinner and also for supper perhaps. I think the concept is that they start selling at the evening, all the way until the morning ready for the early breakfast serving and only close in the afternoon and re-open in the evening again. Don't know. Didn't ask.
Anyhow, after the nice filling dinner, we drove to the venue and collected our pre-booked tickets from the counter. The show started a bit late. It was scheduled at 8.30pm but only started 10 minutes or so later. Malaysian timing. What to do??
The show as full of laughter all the way from the very beginning until the end. Even for someone like me who don't really have much of imaginative mind and never able to grasp much of abstract arts / performance, seems to find the show easily understood. I really had a great laugh and really enjoyed myself a lot. I hope my gf had enjoyed herself too!!
Like all live performance, there is an interval of 20 minutes in between the one and a half hours performance. The part I like the most is the "Dying Swan" and also the "Swan Lake" performance. These performer are all tall (approx 6' 3"), well build (muscular) professional male ballet dances wearing the ladies ballet costume.
You can see that they are really good dancers and they have added a touch of comedy into their performance making it very fresh and hilarious. Only after watching, I understood how come this show was so highly commented and recommended from various parties.
The one thing a bit disappointing is that the show ended too soon. The one and a half hours performance seems a bit short for me. Perhaps as the saying in Chinese (Cantonese) "Fai Lock Pat Chee See San Kor".. which literally translate to "when you are having fun, you don't realise time passing".
As soon as the show started, that I felt like only few minutes ago, it ended and when I look at the watch only to realise it was actually 2230 hrs already. We left the hall a very entertained people.
I would like to thank my gf for such a good choice of show. Good thing that I did not miss it. Thank You Dear!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment