Today, 24th November 2009 is my girlfriend's birthday.
I make sure I woke up early, as early as 7am to call her to wish. She usually drive to work at 0630 from her house reaching her office at 0700. So just as she arrives at her office I called and wish her.
Then, without letting her know, I have made a flower + chocolate delivery arrangement from a florist near her work place to her office. This florist have an online catalogue where you get to see the bouquet of flower you want to send.
When I ordered the flowers, I also check out with the florist if they can add on chocolate together with the deliver and they told me they do, they can offer Lindt chocolate.
Next thing I need to make sure the chocolate is enough to go around the office. I know from our daily conversation, her office should have around 15 or 16 people. Hence, I told the florist that the chocolate need to have approx 16 pieces of individually packed chocolate for her to share with her colleagues and indeed they have it.
After that, I need to make sure that she is working today also. I don't want to send the flowers + chocolate to the office only to find she had taken a day off for her birthday. Good thing, everything went as planned. Actually, she would have gotten the hint that I will be sending something over like that as over the last week or so, I asked her a few times if she is taking leave today and she says it no point as it is in the middle of the week.
Then good thing is that nowadays banking can be so easy. I just need to log on to my internet banking to make payment to the florist which have a bank account in the same bank as mine.
As you can see, it is not easy to plan for surprises. Lots of details need to be attended too. But, internet have made things much easier. I do not need to leave my office chair to browse the bouquet that I want to send, I can make payments and all arrangements via phone and internet banking. In fact, I have not even met the florist or see for myself if the shop is a real shop. I only know that the shop is nearby to where my gf is working (but in a different block). I made payment to them just purely based on trust and faith that they will deliver as agreed.
At about 1030 this morning, I got a SMS from the florist that the flowers and chocolate have been delivered, almost immediately, I got second SMS, this time from my gf thanking me for the flowers and chocolate.
Anyway, Dear, I know you will read this posting, again, I sincerely wish you "Happy Birthday and Many Happy Returns"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment