Over the weekend, I have been a gardener in my house. I have helped my mom transfer her "money plant" from the previous small plastic pots to a new bigger pot. In case you have never seen a "money plant" this is how it looks like below. From the website, I came to know the scientific name of the plant is "Zamioculcus zamiifolia" (source: www.nparks.gov.sg/blogs/garden_voices/wp-cont).

In fact, one of the plant 'outgrown' its own pot until the plastic pot actually broke apart, exposing the roots of the plant. It looks like in a way the roots are telling to you - "Let me out of this small pot.... It is too packed inside here and I can't breath already... Let me out... "
So, over the weekend, me and my mom cleared out 2 bigger pots and transfer them to their new home. Now they are living happily in their new pots and hopefully they will not again outgrown and breaking their new home.
My mom have more 'green fingers' compare to me. Virtually everything she plant will grow beautifully and blossom with nice flowers. She like her plants so much that she make it a point to water the plants twice a day and catch the destroyer pest when she spots them. Also she have a timing where she will sprinkle fertilizers.
I am kinda glad that the new house my gf and I bought have a front area that can allow my mom to do her gardening. Also, I plan to leave the 2 quadrant circle of soil as it is for the ladies to make a garden. I am sure when we move to the new house, my mom will start her gardening extensively perhaps, more than what we have now in our house.
To all out there, Happy Gardening... Enjoy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment