Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Car Kissing

On Monday, while on the way back home from the office, as I was driving trying to cross a junction outside of my office, a careless lady driver came rear ending my car.

As all usual car accidents, we both stop to agree to meet up at a less busy road nearby. As we got down and discussed, the lady says she wanted to call her "member" to decide on the next step. Me having car-jack once, I became very careful, I quickly walked towards the coffee shop nearby to order my cup of tea while she waited for her "member". This is also to judge if the "member" came alone or in a group. In my mind, if there were more than 2 people came from her side, I will immediately stop negotiating and report the case to the police. Better be safe than sorry.

However, after waiting for about 20 minutes, her 'member' finally arrived. It must be her bf. He came alone and we started negotiating. He told me 2 options, one is to report it to the police, then claim her insurance, the second is to follow him to his car repair shop. Both are not in favour of me. So I insisted that he call his workshop and whatever the cost he is going to pay to his car repair guy, he might just pay me. It works out the price is 150, hence, he paid me 150 for that.

The thing that I feel uneasy is that when someone make a mistake or drive recklessly, how come others have to pay for their reckless act? This is not the first time my car have been rear ended. I think this is the 4th time for my car, although most of the time, the bumper is the victim and the damages stops there itself. I am consider a very careful drive myself. I don't tail-gate, I don't drive too fast, I don't take risky maneuvers, and still people like to "kiss" my car's butt. Weird..

Anyhow, I will be taking leave on Friday to have the bumper repaired and sprayed back to its previous shine. Also, at the same time, need to renew my 2nd car's road tax and insurance which is due sometime in November, hence better do it while I am free.

All drivers out there, drive carefully. Have a great journey!!

No comments: