Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 8 in Whyalla

Today (14th June 2010 - Monday) I took an early flight from Adelaide to Whyalla. The flight was via a Saab 340 3 seater per row turbo propeller plane.

The flight took about 45 minutes. Landed in Whyalla and a colleague of mine came and pick me up from the airport. Not difficult for him to pick me out from the crowd. I am the only Asian in the flight and in the airport.

He first took me to give me a preview of the steel mill that I will working on tomorrow. He showed me the various sites / factories where different process takes place. Then, he took me round a scenic drive where you can get to see the town below.

Checked into the hotel after that at about 11am. As he drove near the hotel, he showed me a botanic garden next to the motor inn. Then, he told me there is a couple of kangaroos locked in the cage at the park. I was delighted and just after checking in, I went to look for the kangaroos and true enough, after so many trip here to Australia, I finally get to see real kangaroos in front of my very own eyes.

After taking a few photos of the kangaroos, I walk along the beach behind the garden and then stopped at a cafe there to have my lunch - good old fish and chips with a glass of flat white coffee.

After lunch, I came back to the hotel and started working on a couple of New Zealand's prospect until evening.

Then, ordered a room service for dinner, had lamb with lots of vegetable. Very unique and tasty too. Called it a day after half way watching the World Cup.

Tomorrow will be a long long day. Will be at the site the whole day to investigate if we are able to make the difference by looking into water recycling potential in the steel mill.

Stay tuned... more to come..

No comments: