Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 7 in Adelaide

Today (13th June 2010 -Sunday) is my 7th day in this 2 weeks working tour.

This morning I flew from Sydney to Adelaide with the 1245 hrs flight. Arrived and checked into the hotel at about 1430 hrs.

I arrived at the hotel at about 1030 hrs, which then I had my brunch. As typical me, I had "Mee Goreng Mamak" with Pork. It tasted sweet, which is a little annoying. The stall that sells this uses a kind of a devise where when you order and pay, they will give you some kind of a pager.

Because all the food is to be cooked or fry fresh and hence you need to wait, the waiter will give you this device in which when your food is ready, this device will beep and vibrate to inform you to collect your food from the counter. Cool device and nice idea. I bet it is not cheap to install such a system.

Adelaide is half an hour behind Sydney. Right after check in, I went down to the city center - Rundle Mall off the King William Street.

Finally after 2 days of shopping for a proper winter clothing, I bought a flee which is on bargain. It cost me only AUD30 (approx RM90) for it. The colour is Navy Blue. Good enough for the coming winter and I just tested it earlier by just wearing a simple T-shirt and put on the flee, I went to the street behind my hotel to pack my dinner. It was able to keep me warm. Good buy I would say.

Bought Japanese Teriyaki Chicken Set (again) but this time it is with Miso Sup and Salad as the package. One thing I realize is that where ever you go (well at least those countries which I had travelled before), Japanese cuisine is the only cuisine which the food tasted nearly 100% the original food in Japan.

Well, it might be wrong for me to say 100% as per Japan as I have not been to Japan to savor the food there, but based on those I have tasted, be it in economical sushi shops up to real high end Japanese Restaurant, they always tasted the same all over. Perhaps I am not sensitive enough to spot the difference, but good enough for me to get back the Japanese food taste which I am used to.

Last night or perhaps early this morning, when I called my lovely gf, I was surprise to hear that she is waiting for the World Cup 2010 kick off for the match between England vs US. Now at least I know that in future, when I want to watch any football matches, I got a good company, which is my lovely wife to watch together with me. Isn't that great or what?

Well, tomorrow I will be flying to Whyalla. It is another place where I am suppose to meet up with the customer on Tuesday as tomorrow (14th June 2010) is a Public Holiday here in Australia. Perhaps more window shopping again?

Stay tuned....

No comments: