This morning was rather an interesting morning. Initially I thought my boss will be flying out to Singapore but to my surprise, he came into the office at about 9am.
He called me into his room to discuss my career future. He had offered me an oversea posting offer. Details of the offer yet to be finalized as he need to seek my agreement first.
This is a short term posting (about 2 to 3 years) with very clearly defined purpose and duration. The purpose is for me to be posted there to setup a working team which will be populated with Project Engineers, Design Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Draftsman's, Site Supervisor etc. Basically the whole company is looking at a very hugh potential there and we need to setup a working team there to harvest the potential.
As everything is not confirmed yet, for sure, all comes down to the package that the company is willing to offer. Very likely I will be classified as expatriate and be given an expatriate package, in which I am expecting a house, car and allowance in addition to the salary that I am drawing currently.
The thing that is disturbing me the most is with my mom. As I am staying with my mom, I don't think she will want to shift there for the 2 to 3 years. I am planning to have her stay here for that duration and brings her there with me if she is willing. Perhaps just for some short holiday trips for a few weeks / months at times.
Also another matter that I don't know how to resolve it for now is if the posting takes place in Q1 of 2010, I will have very minimal time to go about the renovation as I will be only getting the keys around that time.
As for the others, I am not so worried as all can be arranged with my brother being around here. I can sign all my cheques post dated for all the installments that I needed to pay for my house and car.
I am very fortunate as I have a very understanding gf. Not only she did not object of this posting, she is very supportive to me. I have also discussed this posting with my mom. She did not object much. She just asked a few basic questions and then when I told her I will be more than happy to bring her there with me, she just smile and in a way agrees with it. I told her it will not be for a very long duration, perhaps she can visit me for 2 to 3 months at times. I will want to negotiate with the company to provide me for a minimum 2 rooms apartment so that my mom or even my gf can come and visit me and stay comfortably.
For not, nothing have been finalized. It might just work out that the company thinks it is too expensive to post me there, perhaps it might work out cheaper for them to just bring me in and out as and when required for few months a time - in fact that is the way I prefer it to be. I can be there for say 3 weeks, back for a week and then go there again for another few weeks.
Lets see what happens.
Monday, October 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment