Yesterday (9th August) is my Mom's Birthday. She did not want to celebrate it, hence, there is no grand dinner, no birthday cake, no birthday song etc.
Yesterday in fact was just simple packed lunches for lunch and dinner so that she need not to cook. My day started early yesterday. I drove to pick my gf from her house to go for the volunteer work. Half way thru the work, she suddenly felt uneasy and hence, we left the place half way thru.
After sending my gf home, I came back to my house and took my shower and went to the temple to pray as yesterday was so happen to be the Birthday of The Goddess of Mercy - "Kuan Yin". This is a very old temple, which the reconstruction had taken place for a few years now but was not 100% completed, maybe due to financial constrains. However, the main buildings and perimeter walls have been fully completed and the architecture of the main building is really good. The painting on the ceiling of the main building is impressive.
After the prayers, I drove my mom to try some new fast food with a joint newly opened near my new house. This fast food chain have good food but it is a bit more expensive then its competitor. But no worries, not that we have it everyday, never mind a few extra dollars. Just something new for my mom to try. And I knew my mom appreciated it when she can comment that the food of this fast food is tastier then its competitor.
Then, we rested at home by just lazying around the house and taking the Sunday afternoon naps, by the time we woke up its already 1900 and its dinner time. Here again, I told my mom not to cook and we went out to pack some food for dinner. So, both the meals she need not to exert her energy, just resting at home for her birthday.
Again, the usual me, I did not wish my Mom Happy Birthday yesterday as I know she did not want to celebrate it due to the passing of my dad less than a year ago. So, I just can wish her in my heart and may all her wishes comes true... Happy Birthday Mom!! Many Happy Returns and May You Have All the Health and Longevity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment