Today is really impressive. I started my day as usual in the office by 0830am, then started to arrange a ticket to Manila. I finally manage to get a ticket from KL - Brunei, Brunei - Manila. Just touch down a few moments ago.
Normally, my travel is very well planned. However, for some critical reason, I have to travel urgently this time. I left the office with e-ticket from the travel agent, unfortunately, the agent quoted a wrong date. Instead of today's date which is 2ND of March 2009, the travel agent had booked for me for tomorrow's date - 3rd March 2009!!! Good thing I had forwarded the itinerary to my counterpart in the Philippines office and the secretary realised this mistake and called me back. Luckily the agents were helpful enough to change the dates using the same booking number to today's travelling and now, here I am sitting in the hotel in Alabang, Manila, Philippines writing this blog.
Today is the very first time I touch down in Brunei. They have a pretty small airport with only 8 or 9 departure gates (if I remember correctly). Just scrolling around for 10 minutes, you have basically covered all the shops available in the waiting area. Nothing impressive or fancy. Brunei traders widely accept Singapore Dollars as their exchange rates are the same. I bought a bottle of mineral water with SGD2 for a 500ml. WOW.. so expensive. It is equivalent to RM5.40 already. I think this is one of the most expensive bottle of water I ever drank.
Anyway, my trip here this time will be a demanding one and hopefully it will be fruitful. I had also made appointment to meet up with my customer early tomorrow morning in the MOST EXPENSIVE HOTEL IN BORACAY for breakfast at 0800. Just in-case you do not know where is Boracay, just google it and you should know it is a place with one of the BEST beach in the WORLD!! Don't believe me, try it.... just type "Boracay, Philippines".
OK, need to hit my bed now, early start tomorrow morning. Need to wake up at 0230 to catch a flight at 0530 for an hour flight to site.
So, to all of you out there, travelling across multiple countries can be planned in about 30 minutes of telephone conversation with the travel agent and before the date changes for the day, you will find yourself in a totally different country already... so Happy Travelling..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
All the best in the meeting. Have a safe journey.
Post a Comment