I hear many people says breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Well, perhaps medically they can proof that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
Since I was young, I don't have the habit of taking breakfast. In fact, since school days, breakfast as I know it is just a glass of milk every morning and off to school. The best is when my mom is on her vacation leave and she will prepare for me an egg sandwich which I will have it at home and bring to school too. However, normally, only during school holidays when my Grandma baby sit me, I will have breakfast. This went on until I reach college and still at that time, breakfast to me is just a glass of milk.
Perhaps because both my parents are working parents and when I was in school, they were also busy getting ready for work, therefore, breakfast is just a simple glass of milk for me, coffee for my parents and I seldom see my brother drink anything in the morning.
Only when I went to the UK for my further studies, I started to develop the habit of taking breakfast every morning. As you know, the weather in the UK is mostly cold, when you wake up every morning, you will find you stomach is hungry and you can't survive any longer without food. This habit sticks with me until I came back into the working world.
When I first started work, again, I normally skip breakfast. Maybe because the atmosphere here is different. When I started working, to me breakfast is just a cuppa coffee / tea in the coffee shop next to my old office. Well, that is the only thing you will get in the morning there anyway. No other stalls is ready to sell food at 0730am. The stalls there serves lunch only.
I don't remember when I started to have the habit to taking breakfast again. But, nowadays every morning, my mom will prepare a bowl of oats for me. Just plain oats and I will mix it with cold milk from the fridge when I am ready to eat them. I can't really remember when I started to have oats for breakfast, but eventually, it became a habit until the point that even on weekends I also have them for breakfast.
However, at times, when my mom buys bread on the day before, I will break the chain of having oats. This morning, I had my egg sandwich. It is just simple fried eggs and chili sauce squeeze between two slice of bread. The smell reminds me of my younger days where fresh fried eggs and bread for breakfast. The feeling of warm egg yolks flow down the throat, wash down by a glass of warm coffee. The feeling is really nice. Its nostalgic.
Well, I think this perhaps this morning is rainy out there, its cold and dark, so whatever is warm tastes really nice. Anyway, this is just the feeling I this morning after a satisfying meal of breakfast.
To all out there, enjoy your breakfast.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment