The week started with me in Auckland, New Zealand for a meeting and catching a 1830 hrs flight from Auckland to Sydney and on the 20th, evening again catching a flight from Sydney to Brisbane and back on the 21st evening.
Only today 22nd April 2010 morning, I can properly sit down and do my work effectively in the office. Within the 3 days, I have been on the plane for 3 times, on average of one flight a day.
On the flight, from Auckland to Sydney, I remember watching a movie (Up in the Air) if I got the movie title correctly, it feature this guy (George Clooney) which is a frequent traveler which clocked 10 million air miles and is one of the only 7 that had reached this status. More people had been to outer space then those that have hit the 10 million air miles.
It reminds me of the life that I might be heading for in near future after being transfered here to Australia. Australia is a very big country and I am in-charge of the whole of Australia and including New Zealand. We have sales office in most of the major cities across Australia and I am supporting all the sales team there.
Looking at the positive side of it, it is nice as I get to do all the travelling and visiting at the company's expense, but on the negative side, it will be challenging to keep travelling like the way I am doing now when I am older, say by another 10 years or so. Therefore, for this assignment, I just plan to do it for about a year or 2 and then back to my home country and sit there quietly - hopefully.
The bright side of things is today will be my second last day of this 2 weeks adventure visit to ANZ, tomorrow afternoon at 2pm, I will be flying back to my home country.
Until the next posting, cheers mate...
No comments:
Post a Comment