Wednesday, April 14, 2010

3rd Day in Sydney

So fast today is end of Wednesday (14th April 2010) already. Today is fully meeting day with all the top sales managers presenting and answering to their respective P&Ls and give a projections on how are the going to fair by year end 2010.

As per all meetings teas and dinners are part of the schedule. However, I realize for tea time, the food they serve here is not as good as compare back home in Malaysia hotels. The only better is their coffee which tastes better than those we get in Malaysia.

As for dinner, the team organised a Thai cuisine dinner. First time having Thai food here in Australia, nothing to shout about. The cookings had been altered to suit to the local taste buds here hence, it is not as spicy as typical Thai food should be.

One cultural difference I realize is during meetings, the people over here do speak freely and openly to the presenter when they have doubts. Of course, they will first raise their hands like in schools before speaking out.

Well, as initially I have not expected to update this blog as I never thought there will be any internet access, but I was wrong, they did have WIFI services which was part of the hotel meeting package which allows me to login to update his blog at approx 2230 hrs from my room - 508.

At approx 4pm (local time) I got a SMS from Tzu Chi Foundation Group organizer to ask if I can serve them in this coming Sunday's free clinic. I had replied that I will not be able to make it as this weekend I will be in Auckland, New Zealand.

Tomorrow is another full day of meeting and more numbers to digest. Hope it will be as good as today... stay tune...

No comments: