Thursday, March 4, 2010

Different Way of thinking

As my previous posting, my function have now change from project management to sales.

Previously, I need to focus on getting the job completed on time and on budget. Even previously I have been involve in costing items for the project, but costing is not too major of my concern as my main concern is to ensure the plant works properly and deliver what it was suppose to as I am in-charge of the project and not selling the project to the customer.

However, ever since taking on this new role, I have a different mind set. To me, cost is a major factor that I need to look into as it will have to balance with the economics of the customer. I realise that now I am more cost aware and sensitive on the costing part.

Perhaps it is due to the pressure of needing to balance between the customer's saving and our expenditure, I tend to scrutinize every single dollars we are going to spend / cost in to the system.

I am not sure what else is going to change, but I see all these changes are for the better and I am taking positively.

Having taking this new role, I felt that I am communicating with more people and coordinating / juggling more work at the same time. Lets hope all will fall into one place which is to generate more projects and build more creditability.

No comments: