Yesterday (8th March 2010) was a really demanding day for me. I started the day very early, reaching office at about 7am to attend to a tele-con with a potential customer from Sydney. There the local time at Sydney is already 10am (3 hours ahead). The tele-con went on for about 2 hours and we manage to clarify lots of issues on their tender.
As I came in rather early, I left the office at about 1530 hrs to renew my car road tax which is coming due on the 15th March. Firstly I went to a nearby Automatic Teller Machine (ATM) to withdraw some cash. Unfortunately, the machine was not able to dispense the cash to me and requesting me to contact the bank. So without further doubts, I drove to the bank where I open my account previously informing them that my ATM card is not working. The bank employees did saw my card was not in a very good shape (thorn a bit already) and suggested me to change to a new card. So I did and it cost me RM12 for the replacement card. At that time it was already like 1615 and I was so worried that they are not able to replace it on time.
However, the bank officer was kind enough, made the last process for me and replaced my card with a new card. I am the very last customer to walk out from the bank yesterday at 1645. Banks closes at 1630.
Then, I straightaway drove to the nearest post office to renew my road tax and again, when I reach there it was already 1655 and again, I was the last customer allowed into the post office with the security guard close and lock one side of the twin glass door. The renewal was swift as I have all the documents in place and again, I am the last customer who walks out from the post office.
When I was driving home, I was thinking, such a lucky day for me being the last person to do everything... last person to walk out from the bank and post office before they closes for the day. Else, I might have to do it today.
Sometimes perfect timing is required and a bit of 'luck' is required to make a good day.
Monday, March 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment