Sunday, September 27, 2009

Good Weekend

Well, another good weekend had just flew by. On Saturday (26th Sept 09), me and me gf went to the house of one of her previous university mate in Bandar Seri Putra for kinda of a Hari Raya visit. This gentleman, lets call him Dr. F, is a now working in a local university as the Head of Aerospace Engineering.

During the drive there, we have discovered lots of new roads and highways. Upon arrival at his house, we were served with nice home cooked chicken "rendang" and peanut sauce to go with "nasi impit" and "Laksa". Nice Malay dishes. We sat and talk for about 2 hours before venturing a drive to show my gf the way to the LCC terminal. She is flying off to Sabah on Tuesday.

I can see from the conversation that Dr. F is one of the "outstanding" lecturers in the local university. I can see some hope of the local university to progress further in future. Perhaps he is educated oversea, he have seen the proper way of managing a university from his experiences abroad that put priority on research and funding and now his hands are tied as he is not "powerful" enough to extend his arm to practice it. Hopefully our local universities have more of this lecturer which have this vision.

Then, in the evening, we drop by to our new house to view the progress of the house. It was 99% completed and we (my gf and me) have some discussion on how we want the house to be renovated. This is the home we are building together. I will want to put all her inputs on the interior decoration / renovations to make her feel most comfortable living in it.

After the discussion, we went to my house where she rested and I went to collect my glasses which I have taken to have the lenses replaced. I have opted for a Carl Zeiss lenses but alas, upon collection, the left side of the lens, the optician found a flaw and they are going to have it replaced with another new lens this coming weekend.

For dinner, I took my mom together with us to a chicken rice shop where they also serve "Ipoh Hor Fun" soup and after dinner I send my gf back to her home as my mom also tagged along to enjoy the ride.

There is nothing much happenings on Sunday, just groceries shopping with my mom and there goes the Sunday. Also, watched the latest season of House M.D. which was downloaded by my gf's younger brother. Thanks YT for the movie. Looking forward for more episodes.

Well, nowadays, weekend have not been so routine. We have tried new activities to spend more time together and explore new things that we can do. For this weekend, I think I will get some violin performance from my gf as she need to practise her violin and I had offered my house for her to practice. I am really looking forward for the "performance".

So others out there, what had you done / plan for your weekend?

The coming week, I will be travelling to the Maldives to attend a meeting with a customer and will only be back by Thursday morning.

No comments: