
Therefore, after the work at site, I phoned a my fellow technician, which is a local in Tambun area to direct me to the shop where I can find such biscuit. However, it is partially my mistake as this technician of mine is a Malay person, hence, they do not eat this biscuit as it is normally made by Chinese bakery.
So, trying to be helpful, he somehow directed me to a Chinese bakery shop at Tambun. As I went down and asked the bakery, they say they don't sell Tambun Biscuit. Just imagine this, I am in Tambun town, so called the town this biscuit is named after and the bakery don't sell this biscuit.
Then, I called to another Chinese colleague of mine only to found out that Tambun Biscuit is only available in the island itself and not to be found anywhere near Tambun. Not at least the popular maker (it is not convenient for me to tell you the shop / baker name here).
Isn't it ironic, a food that is named after the specific town and it is not to be found in the town where its name came from. If it is only available in the island, then call it Penang / Gurney Drive biscuit. Why call it Tambun biscuit if it is not sold in Tambun? I give up searching....
Weird....
No comments:
Post a Comment