Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Busy, busy, busy...

It had been some time since I last updated my blog.

Work in the office had been getting very demanding. I can't seems to find the time to log in and share my thoughts. At this point of time, I have 2 tenders in hand which needed to be attended to and at the same time, there had been schedule meetings and site to visits.

The thing that I dislike the most is to preparing bidding documents. But before you can do that, you will need to read thru pages after pages of tender specifications, which sometimes is really out of this world. The jargon the used is really crazy.

The danger here is that at times you might missed out a small portion that will "kill" the pricing and when you execute the project later after winning it, you will find that you have not budgeted enough for the project that the project will run below your expected margins. If that were to happen, the next thing is you are going to be a typist typing pages after pages of report explaining for the lower than target margin.

Anyhow, it took me 3 days to just write this blog, every time I wanted to finish it, someone / some e-mails will pop up that I have to attend to and have to stop this write up. Glad that finally I can finish up this page today... phew.... Enjoy reading...

No comments: