I can't believe myself that I will be going for an Orchestra this weekend with my gf with me wearing a very formal lounge suit. Being the naive me, I don't know why must the spectator wear so formal, I always seek the answer from my well knowledgeable gf and again, just in a few minutes, she explains it to me and now I know the reason. It again saves me precious time to search high and low for the answers.
When I was small, I always this thinking that orchestra / opera is only for the rich and famous. Perhaps it was influence by the movies where only the posh, rich and famous gets to attend these events. This mindset was further validated as I remember seeing one of the orchestra advertisement in the newspaper, the cheapest ticket price is RM500 per seat. Read properly... the cheapest is RM500!! The highest was in the thousand region.
However, this mindset changed about 2 weeks ago when my gf and me was walking from Suria KLCC to KL Convention Center and we saw this advertisement and found that the ticket price for an orchestra is from as low as RM20 and the most expensive is about RM90 or so. I am not saying that the tickets are cheap now, but I would put it as it is much more affordable now comparatively.
Immediately, I became very interested to attend for the show. Just to savor the experience and after all, I enjoy life music / band. I feel there is no AV system that can beat the sound of real musicians playing in front of you. For this also, I am thankful that my partner is now learning violin and I sure to get some great live tunes all my life later on.
Anyway, so yesterday I pick up the phone and booked 2 tickets for this upcoming weekend show. The shows will start at 2030 hrs. It is a 2 hours show. Really looking forward for this event and also need to try on my suit which I have not worn it since 2006 when I attended my gf's graduation in the UK.
I am sure it will be a great show and quite sure I will enjoy it. Let the music play.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment