Thursday, January 1, 2009

First working day in 2009

Today is the 2nd of January 2009 and it is my first day in the office for this year. A lot of people is still on leave today. Perhaps today its Friday, then many would prefer to take today off so that they will enjoy a long weekend.

I told myself a few things I want to change in the way I work. Firstly, I want to make use of the calender facility in my Lotus Notes and allow my boss to see my schedule. This way, he will get to keep track on me and know where am I on a particular day.

Secondly, I also plan to note down my daily work in soft copy as I wanna safe some trees by going paperless. Also by this way, I need not to 'dig' thru my dairy when I prepare my month end report to locate which country am I at for a particular day of the month.

It had been a waste of me not utilizing this feature that is readily available in my computer since the day I started working. I had been a very conventional guy all these while using the dairy company provides me year after year to do my daily work recordings.

One reason being I like the effort of the secretary makes to ensure all managers have their names embrossed on the dairy and when I take the dairy to meetings, my name is visible with one glance. However, thinking of it, it is not something so cool anymore now. It had became a norm thing that I get one of the diary with my name on it year after year, it had kinda became boring.

I hope I can carry out the 2 task above successfully from now on. Also, I can be disipline enough to inputs to those planners on daily basis.

No comments: