Perhaps some people out there might have the same fate as me, having a girlfriend which is technically sound.
What I mean by that? When you discuss any items with your technical gf, she will use very high-end technical terms e.g. thermal stress, stress concentration, crack propagation etc. Lucky thing is that myself is also a technical person, so I can understand the terms / jargon she uses.
Yesterday, after my weekly game of futsal in the evening, I went back and thinking the famous formula by Sir Issac Newton, F=ma; F = Force, m = mass, a = acceleration.
During the match, as I am being hit by the ball, I was thinking, if the ball is travelling with a constant velocity, i.e. no acceleration, does it mean that when the ball hit you, there will be no force, since the acceleration, a = 0, therefore, F = m*0 = 0, therefore, since no force then equal no pain right? But, how come I still can feel the pain when the ball hit me? Strange right?
Well, I pose this question to my technical gf over the phone conversation with her after the game. Almost instantaneously she manage to explain to me the whole set of technical explanations that clear my mind of the question without a doubt.
Then, only I remembered that it is just that I had forgotten some of the physics that was taught in year 1 engineering school. However, perhaps she once lecture year 1 and 2 engineering students, this physics and engineering mechanics is still fresh in her mind. Therefore, without a sweat she can solve my "mystery" easily.
Not that I want to praise myself, but to be honest, I am really glad and proud and happy and blessed (and whatever positive emotion to show gratitude you can think off) to have found a technically sound gf that can help me solve my 'mysteries' from time to time.
The situation describe above is only one of the many examples that shows the advantage of having a technical gf. Just imagine if I were to have a non-technical gf, the above question will still linger in my mind until this moment as I would have never able to resolve the 'mystery'.
Perhaps I would have open up a forum for discussion with the title "How come when you are hit by a ball which is travelling at a constant velocity, you still feel the pain, even though the force is equal to zero?"
But, thanks to my cute, lovely, smart, naughty (at times), playful (sometimes), adventurous, curious, thoughtful, "touchy" (she will touch everything she sees especially in the malls), creative, sharp, attentive, hardworking and not limited to technically sound girlfriend, the above 'mystery' was solve in no time and safe a few MB of space in the Internet for not publishing it as a forum.
So, to guys out there, without any slightest, most microscopic doubt in my mind, having a technical gf is always GREAT!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hm... I see lots of praises... am I suppose to anticipate for something? I wonder.......
HI Vinegar, nope, don't worry, no prawns behind the stone. Just sincere description of my ultra-super capable gf onli...
Post a Comment