Every time when comes year end, there is definitely a time whereby whenever you call anyone, be it your suppliers or your customers or even your colleagues, most of the time you will hear some common lines - he is not in or on leave.
At times the advancement of technologies have moved into so automated in the sense that the person can actually set an automatic reply to his e-mail that whenever you send him / her an e-mail, the server will response to you telling you that this person is on leave / out of office from a certain dates and even personalize messages like who to contact to appear in the replies.
This advance feature of the mail server is not widely available. Only certain servers enable their user to set this feature. There were once (and this happen to myself) I was on leave for 3 workings days i.e. Wednesday until Friday and joining together with the weekend, I had enable this function on my office mail server.
One of the supplier who never came across this feature actually called me and argue with me if I am not in the office, how can he get my "Out-Of Office" reply almost immediately as he send his e-mail to me.
He actually told me that and I quote ".... if you do not want to reply to my mails, just say so, I can call and discuss with you over the phone. No need to send my a reply saying that you are out of office." And mind you he was saying it with a serious tone and not joking in any sense.
When I heard the words he said above, I don't know whether to laugh or to feel angry with this person. Of course, I laugh my head off when he says those words to me. And I did forgive him for being naive of the advancement of the technology / mailbox features.
So, to all of you out there, when you get an Out Of Office reply message from any mails you send, please do realise that this feature is a feature they have in the mail server that can be activated by a click of the mouse. Please do not call that person and accuse the person of not being wanting to answer / reply to you ok.
Have a good holiday!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment