Monday, May 17, 2010

Getting the House Key

Yesterday afternoon, my mom called and inform me that the developer finally send a letter informing us that the house is now ready for handing over.

Finally after more than 1 year of waiting, the house is ready for occupancy. However, the process is not as simple as just go and collect the keys. Firstly, I need to clear off the outstanding amount with the developer which as of today, taking out the bank portion, I still owe them RM80+ even after I got a rebate of RM1,188 from them.

The developer paid for the whole year guard fees which cost RM70 per month x 12 months = RM840. Then, for the 2 pieces of touch card it cost another RM50 a piece = RM100. On top of that, it seems they have appointed a company to do some management work on the rectification or some kind, which I yet to discuss with them, that is another RM300.

Even after paying the RM80+, I will still have to wait for the bank to clear the outstanding 20% which will take another 2 weeks or so before they make the payment.

All in, as expected, the key can only be collected by end of this month. Anyway, its better than nothing. Now the major coordination work will start. Work on the renovation will start the moment the developer rectifies all the complaints (hopefully the list is not too long).

Stay tune. I hope I will have the time to post the development of the renovations in as the process goes on. It was an interesting journey from the day we sign the Sales & Purchase (S&P) agreement until today. But, I think the journey gets more interesting from now on until the day we shift in.

No comments: