So fast its one month just pass by and by this time next month will be our wedding dinner night.
Over the last month, we have ticked off a lot of to-do stuffs in our list.
Now, the candy bottles are sorted out, on 11th Nov 2011, as I attended my wife's friend's wedding registration, I went and bought 340 bottles for the Sticky candy we plan to give out as wedding favors. I have washed and dried the bottles and send the bottles to my Aunt's place to get some pretty ribbons tied to it.
Also, on 12th November 2011 (Saturday) we have confirmed out dinner reservation menu, we have decided to take Menu C from the 4 choices we had. The discussion went smooth and I think the captain that serves us - Diana was really professional. She even upgraded one dish for us without us asking. Also, she have push the limit of the offer by giving us up to 200 invitation card printing for free. Normal package was 5 cards per table, hence, we book 34 tables, we are only entitle to 170 cards.
However, on the way there, as I stopped by a petrol station to reload my T&G card, my car battery went dead and I cannot start my car. I have to then resort to call the insurance car assistance team which they have came prepared with a new battery for me to purchase. Only shortfall was I need to wait for him for about an hour at the petrol station with my mom in the car.
On Monday (14th November 2011) we have also visited the invitation card printer to get our artwork done and hopefully in a week or so, we can get our cards and start to distribute it.
Also, 2 weeks before that, we have also book our wedding biscuits for the 'Gor Tai Lai' which my wife have requested 100 boxes and I have added 40 boxes to be distributed for my friends and relatives.
For our wedding dinner night, we decided to hold a simple reception before the main dinner as we would expect the dinner to start about 830pm or so. After discussing this at my Uncle's shop, he suggested 2 types of cakes (Malay traditional cakes) and also to my surprise, my God Sister have offered to make some brownies for me too.
Over the month also, my wife have return back to the wedding shop to change her wedding gown which the first one she selected was not really pleasing to her / meeting her requirement. Good thing is this wedding shop we went to was kind enough to allow us to make that change as required.
Last Sunday, I have also met up with a canopy supplier which we firm up the 3 pieces of canopy for the bachelor's night, where I am expecting approx 100 guests giving that on the 12th December 2011 is a public holiday in Selangor.
This coming weekend, we will be collecting our wedding photos and also my wife have book a musical show in which the performance is about Goddess of Mercy entitle "Magic Mirror" and we need to collect the tickets by the weekend.
Also if possible, this weekend I will go and book buffet for my bachelor's night dinner. Need to finalized the menu with the person as I will want to change some dishes inside the menu.
So far the whole process have been smooth... and hopefully it will continue all the way to the wedding and dinner day.... Keeping our fingers crossed..
No comments:
Post a Comment