So fast, today it is already 7th Feb 2011, 5th day of Chinese New Year. Today it was an auspicious day for starting work. So I came into the office to start work.
This CNY was a great one!! Just before the CNY, my fiancée came back from the US and I pick her up from the airport.
The CNY started with a reunion dinner with my family and relatives. As this year I have shifted to a new house, its a tradition that we have the reunion at home. My family prepared a steam boat dinner and my uncle and family have bought a pot of "Phun Choy" from a reputable restaurant and also a box of vegetarian "Yee Sang" for the dinner.
The dinner went on and ended with my niece and nephew playing fireworks outside my house until about 1030pm. Me and one of my cousin-in-law were having some drinks outside watching the kids enjoying themselves.
At about 12am, we welcome the New Year with prayers and the whole housing area turn into a war-zone with fireworks display everywhere you look up the sky. Then, went to my uncle's place and he fired even more of it. The night atmosphere were really good and happening and lasted until about 2am.
On the 1st day, many relatives came over to my house. Perhaps because we newly shifted, most of them were curious to have a view of the house. Even one uncle together with his family which normally don't visit my house came over. My ex-university mates have a little gathering towards the evening in my house too. Both of them were working in Singapore and back here for holidays.
On the 2nd day, as our usual routine for CNY, we went to my 4th Aunt, 4th Uncle and 3rd Uncle's house and the visit started at about noon and only finished at about 12am after visiting 3 houses.
On the 3rd day, I visiting my fiancées house and I brought her down to my house to visit my mom and an Uncle.
Yesterday was the 4th day, I was at home in the morning and in the afternoon, my fiancée went to visit one of her friend and we met up in one of the big furniture shop and both of us enjoy our time walking around and discussing the furniture we need for our bedroom and 2nd hall.
Then, in the evening, me and my mom went to a cousin's house for the CNY visit and at the same time, visited the new born baby girl she got. Then, went on to my 2nd Uncle's house and before the day ended, we went to a coffee shop as my nephew want to have his regular half boil eggs for supper.
Well, overall, this year's new year celebration was good and the fun should go on until at least coming weekend.
This afternoon, I took a half day leave and met up with by buddy for some drinks before coming back intending to pay the quit rent and assessment but, I was a bit late, it closes at 3.30pm, so I didn't manage to pay it. Have to have it postpone until coming Thursday for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment