Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Trip to Philippines

On Sunday (15th August 2010) evening, I boarded took a flight to the Philippines and as soon as I landed in Manila, I have a connecting flight to another island call Bacolod.

I was lucky that in Manila, I have a very good friend who came to the Manila Terminal 1 airport and gave me a ride to to the Terminal 3 for my connecting flight.

The flight from Manila to Bacolod is approx an hour. When I landed in Bacolod, another colleague of mine pick me up from the airport and took me to the hotel which is approx 30 minutes away, distance of approx 25km. There I met up with the sales person in-charge and we all had dinner together at the hotel.

Bacolod is a small town, where the main industry there is sugar production and it seem this town itself supplies for approx 90% of the sugar used in the whole of Philippines. The appointment with the factory facility manager was scheduled at approx 9am the next day.

The room suppose to have internet WIFI connection, unfortunately, for whatsoever reasons, it did not work from the room, hence, I have to go down to the lobby to use the facility.

On the second day, (16th August 2010), after the meeting, my colleague took me to the air line agency and try to change my ticket, unfortunately, the airline they booked is a budget airline, hence, no changes is allowed. I was initially schedule to fly out from Bacolod on Tuesday noon and tried to change it to the same day itself, since the meeting ended earlier and scheduled.

So I have no option but to issue another ticket for the return flight from Bacolod to Manila.

On that evening after arriving in Manila, my colleague booked me into a hotel which is quite near to the office. The flight from Bacolod was delayed for 20 minutes circling above Manila city as it seems the air traffic was busy.

Upon checking into the hotel in Manila, only I realize that I have accidentally left a collar T-Shirt in the hotel in Bacolod. I immediately called the hotel there and they found the T-shirt. I was kinda relieve as I can ask my colleague to collect it from the hotel and have it couriered back to me.

Went out for dinner with this colleague of mine, we went for Mediterranean food. I had the lamb stew which was good. Enjoyed it a lot.

This morning, this colleague took me to our production facility near Laguna to inspect some parts which they ordered from oversea and they are not able to make the head and tail of it. So I did my best to have the unit explained to them and hopefully they are able to use it now.

The boss of our Philippines office was really polite, he knew I had came into the Philippines to assist his team, he insisted that we have lunch together. We went for Japanese food which was good.

Now, I am sitting here in the airport, using the free WIFI to update this blog while waiting to board on my plane back which is schedule to board at 1800 hrs and leave 30 minutes later. I am expected to touch down at 10pm in Malaysia.

Overall, it was a good and fruitful trip.

No comments: